Traverse City Wine Food Predictions
From Traverse City based writer Andy MacFarlane and eatdrinkTC.com come some interesting predictions for ’14 including:
1. The 60 person elevated deck at Brys Estate will open in ’14, as reported this summer in Midwest Wine Press.
2. Bowers Harbor will release its 2012 Michigan red meritage made from equal amounts of Cab Sauv, Cab Franc and Merlot.
3. Shannon and Cortney Casey of Michigan By the Bottle say that Villa Mari Winery, set to open in ’15 on Old Mission, has some “unusual” varieties in their vineyard. (Midwest Wine Press will be investigating soon.)
4. Bonobo Winery has set an opening date of late summer ’14. It’s taken so long to get approval for the Old Mission winery that Bonobo’s vines have matured to the stage where some of the wines will be estate grown, according to Todd Oosterhouse.
5. Chateau Chantal will start doing wine dinners during the off-season, in addition to their cooking classes. The first one is a Burgundy wine dinner on January 18th.
To see the rest of the predictions, and there are a lot of predictions, including one from me, see: 2014 Traverse City Culinary Scene